Tuesday 1 January 2013

Through The 4th Floor Door 2013

The book page tree is all packed up now and hopefully it will be just as pretty when we set it up next Christmas.





Are you ready for the new year? 


I made some hearts by crocheting it with twine.
Oh my was that a struggle.  But I sure love how the hearts turned out.






I mentioned that I love working with old book pages.
I used such to cut out the new year
2013
to create the doorway banner for
our front door.
Welcome 2013.  Bring it on!!!!


I think I have a rag garland for every season and every occasion.  I just love decorating my front door.  The 4th Floor Door.







I am amazed at all the burlap wreaths I have seen in Blogland.  I tried to make one and I must say that my biggest struggle was with the burlap roses.


There was string everywhere as I tried and tried to make a burlap rose.  I think I nailed it but I do need more practice.


On the table after finishing the front door decor are more roses.
Book page roses.
I mastered rolling these and with this project I need a lot of book page roses.







This was the first book page rose project I tackled and finished.


I'll share the project in due course as it is going to take a long time to finish.

In the meantime I extend best wishes in the new year to one and all.
Happy New Year


I am linking with




Vintage On A Dime

1 comment:

  1. In line with New Year, our family also makes an effort in decorating our house. And our front door is always included. What you did there was awesome. It’s full of creativity! You’re indeed ready to welcome the New Year with those decorations. :D

    Rolf Matchen

    ReplyDelete