Thursday 31 January 2013

The UM in UMbrella

The wind was blowing so hard that the air whistled through every crack in the apartment.
Tall trees were about to bend and crack.
But the windy windy weather didn't stop us from making our monthly trip to the
Landstuhl Thrift Shop
Here is my haul





I'm always on the look out for wreaths.  I'm so into them these days.
Inside the wreath are shower curtain hooks.
Here is a closer look
They are little butterflies.  So colorful and adorable.  Do you agree?






I have always been fond of Anne Geddes.  This is an adorable unused wedding album for only $1.00.


It was in excellent condition.





I also found this brilliant candle holder
It reminds me of Capodimonte porcelain and I think it is.

Here is the marking on the bottom
Would anybody know?  
I actually love piece.




I also snatched up two rolls of Blue Burlap Ribbons @ only a quarter a piece.






Check out this colorful shower curtain.......curtain.


The checkered ribbons are quite lovely I must say.






My most fabulous find for the day had soft twine tassels



Aluminum Hearts with little brass bells that go
ding ding ding ding ding





A dainty pedestal.




And cotton fabric on its "UM."  You know the UM in UMbrella.
Well I look at it as a parasol.



A Parasol Perfect for my
Steiff Bear collection.

I love visiting linky parties.  The first one I scope out are Thrift Shop finds.  Oh I am so into the stories other bloggers share.  It's as if I am right next to them as they are finding their "finds."
How was your thrifting?


Linking up with these wonderful parties.
Life on Lakeshore Drive
Vintage On A Dime


Savvy Southern Style
One More Time Events
Feathered-Nest-Friday
 
 
 
Be Inspired Friday 
 




5 comments:

  1. Wow! Everything is wonderful. I especially love the parasol and blue burlap ribbon. Great post!
    melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you found some awesome treasures! I love everything. That lamp is fabulous. I am so thrilled that you shared with us at A Bouquet of Talent!! I love your beautiful blog!! Can't wait to see more of your great posts. :)

    Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What incredibly darling finds, Kay! I just adore those sweet little hearts with the bells!!!! And that parasol is as adorable as ever! :) Thanks for your visit to Heaven's Walk and leaving such sweet comments, girlie! It's so nice to meet you and I hope to hear from you again! Have a great weekend!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It certainly is a Capodimonte Hallmark on that beautiful flower candle holder. The crown on top of the N is used on the Nuova Capodimonte line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what great finds. You'll laugh when I say my fav is the burlap ribbon. Just love burlap! The UMbrella is so cute with your bears. No help on the candle holder, but I see that someone knew. Isn't blogging great? I love how we help out each other. I had a fab day thrifting last Fri. and Sat. Showed them in a post titled, "Farmhouse Finds". Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete